Kiwanis International is a "family" of organizations that focuses on teaching young children about the responsibilities of good citizenship, community service and building future leaders.
The Lawrenceville Kiwanis Club sponsors three Key Clubs and one Reading Program:
- Central Gwinnett High School Key Club
- Dacula High School Key Club
- Greater Atlanta Christian School Key Club
- Lawrenceville Elementary School Reading Improvement
Our sponsored youth groups independently initiate service projects and community service activities throughout the school year. Our club works through an adviser in each youth organization to coordinate our participation with their activities or to have them work with us on major service programs and fund raisers.
We are So proud of our youth groups and their accomplishments which make our community a much better place to live. In addition to assisting our club with Kiwanis projects, the activities listed below are a small portion of the many projects they are involved in:
- Dacula High School Key Club Buddy Dance - Organization and participation in an after-school dance with our self-contained Special Education students. It involved refreshments and an hour of dancing and socializing. It was an incredible event for all with over 100 in attendance.
- Dacula High School Key Club Blood Drive - Organized, set up and worked at our Dacula High School/LifeSouth Blood Drive. Our principal asked us to take the helm and it was a very successful event that ran incredibly well. We had many Key Club members donate their time and work positions throughout the day - even knowing that they had to make up class work. Many worked through their lunches and stayed long after school.
- Dacula High School Key Club Holiday Cards - Prepared and delivered Holiday Cards and Banners to a local Memory Care Center and Gwinnett Medical Center.
- Dacula High School Homecoming Dance - The Key Club hosted Special Education students at the Homecoming Dance to insure they had an incredible experience.
- Central Gwinnett HS Key Club has a table at the Safe Trick or Treat function, passing out thousands of candies to children.
- Central Gwinnett HS Hey Club sponsors and participates in a campus clean-up event removing trash to keep their school environment beautiful.
- Central Gwinnett HS Key Club manages the Recycle project at their school.
- Central Gwinnett HS Key Club works the concession stand at football & basketball games. They also offer face painting at these functions.
- Central Gwinnett HS Key Club participates in the Simonton Elementary School Carnival.
- Central Gwinnett HS Key Club decorated school lockers for Valentine's Day.
To find out more about the activities of our youth groups, contact the current club liaison as listed below:
|Central Gwinnett Key Club
||Hubert Tucker, John Pentecost
|Dacula HS Key Club
|Lawrenceville Elem. Reading